Restaurant Managers are responsible for managing all aspects of food service within our retail stores including customer service, training staff, balance daily paperwork, meeting deadlines and food service performance expectations. They help create and execute promotions and marketing plans with management to better the restaurant sales and general reputation with the communities around them. They hold themselves responsible as gatekeeper of food service quality, profitability and cleanliness. Manage inventory levels and vendors including the use of hand held unit to accurately scan in orders. Process all necessary accounting details including inventory, ordering and adhering to pre-designed recipes. Restaurant Managers strive for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term customer goals in line with company vision and values. They are expected to know their stores business in every detail in order to effectively train their staff.
Customer Service and Site Relationships
- Ensure a clean, well maintained, and friendly restaurant environment to provide customers with a buying experience that meets and exceeds their expectation.
- Actively solicit customer feedback through constant personal interaction and be accessible to customer suggestions and critiques.
- Ensure that complaints are taken seriously and resolved quickly in a sincere and fair manner.
- Promote a safe and positive public image within the community.
- Demonstrate fast, friendly sales on P.O.S. system.
- Develop positive, professional relationships with vendors and suppliers.
Store Operations and Facilities Maintenance
- Efficiently comply with all recipes, procedures and inventory control procedures.
- Plan and maximize efficiency to maximize operating profits.
- Comply with all company policies and store procedures.
- Maintain proper inventory levels and audit counts.
- Adopt, comply with and participate in all safety programs and training.
- Perform and delegate cleaning duties necessary to maintain site cleanliness inside and out, and basic upkeep and/or cleaning of all equipment on the site.
- Receive merchandise using proper check-in procedures when working with vendors.
- Perform all duties with minimal supervision, may be required to work irregular work hours and attend job-related meetings and execute other duties as assigned.
- Control operating expenses, including maintenance, utilities, supplies and inventory loss.
- Maintain "build-up," waste, and ordering guides.
- Prepare food in a timely manner using proper recipes and techniques.
Leadership and Personnel Assistance
- Maintain a professional and supportive image among customers, vendors, subordinates and supervisors.
- Ensure that all staff are trained in skills emphasizing cleanliness, food presentation, waste control and safety awareness.
- Develop driven employees through assigning progressive responsibilities. Actively coach and train necessary skill sets to encourage employee growth.
- Motivate and reward staff as required improving individual and overall restaurant performance.
- Implement progressive disciplinary actions when dealing with restaurant performance issues. Prepare and submit proper documentation to Human Resources.
- Create, maintain and improve team work, and provide training assistance to new staff members.
Safety and Facilities Management
- Maintain a safe work environment for employees and customers by setting high safety standards that are observed at all times.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is in good working condition. Visibly check equipment and temperatures every shift.
- Report any maintenance issues immediately so company can ensure site operations are in top condition and that the issues are addressed promptly, preventing injury to employees and customers. Safeguard employees and customers from potential hazards until maintenance can perform necessary repairs.
- Hold regular safety meetings addressing store specific issues and train staff on the prevention of industry related hazards and safety issues.
- Maintain safety standards in regards to handling inventory emphasizing lifting techniques and stacking inventory properly.
- Organize and maintain all restaurants files, manuals, binders, permits and other information materials.
- Read, respond and send e-mails in a timely manner when necessary.
- Ensure fresh food is available for sale throughout business hours.
- Manage inventory levels to ascertain optimum stocking levels.
- Implement and create excitement within team when dealing menu changes, additions and promotions.
- Assure restaurants and all food service equipment are exceptionally clean at all times.
- Know how to request site maintenance using company “Maintenance Request” policy.
- Improve overall store and company growth with positive and energetic communication.
- Execute additional company policies, programs, promotions and direction as changes and updates are made from time to time.
Education: Associate degree or equivalent preferred. GED or High School Diploma required.
Experience: Requires a minimum of 3 years equivalent management experience in a retail operation with fast food experience and food handling.
- Frequent walking, standing, climbing and some sitting are required to perform all essential duties and functions of the job. Must be able to operate keyboard, mouse, office calculator and cash register so wrist movement, pinching and finger dexterity is required.
- Ability to squat, kneel, crouch, lift, grab or carry equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Crawling, twisting, reaching overhead and running or sprinting may be required. May also be required to push and pull equipment.
- Ability to climb a ladder to store or retrieve materials and merchandise, place or remove signage if needed.
- Must be available to work at least six days a week when required.
Restaurant Managers are responsible for managing all aspects of food service within our retail stores including customer service, training staff, balance daily paperwork, meeting deadlines and food service performance expectations. They help create and execute promotions and marketing plans with management to better the restaurant sales and general reputation with the communities around them. more